Conveyor technology, conveyor belt systems and conveyor belts for process equipment
What is conveyor technology?
Conveyor technology is used in many industries. Conveyor technology is deployed whenever material has to be conveyed by equipment in any direction and over specified distances. In short: Whenever material flow is needed, conveyor technology plays an important role.
Conveyor technology, especially GÜNTHER conveyor belts , have been developed based on the requirements for plant equipment in the recycling sector. They are mostly used in sorting plants or as part of a separation process, whether stationary or mobile.
Conveyor belts for process equipment
When planning a system, you try to build its structure and logistics cleverly to keep distances to a minimum. But even if the system is well designed, material has to be transported from one assembly to the next, or stored in bunkers or on heaps. Therefore, around 25% of a system is composed of conveyor technology.
Conveyor belt components:
- Conveyor belt
- Conveyor sides/belt frame/steel structure/chassis/housing
- Speed monitor
- Pull cords
- Side guide rollers
- Inner belt scraper/plough scraper
- Drive and reversing drum
- Conveyor station
- Carrier rollers
- Drive motor with storage
- Bottom belt rollers/return rollers
How the drive motor works
- The belt is driven on one side at the drive station with a drive drum using a motor.
- The belt runs over the carrier or guide rollers. The reversing station with a reversing drum is located on the other side.
- The last roller at the end of the conveyor is called the reversing roller. Via that, the belt is fed back using lower belt rollers.
- The drive of the conveyor belt is usually a pulling arrangement. A pushing drive can also be used if it makes sense from a structural point of view and if the belts are rather short.
Operation and conveyor belt contours
Depending on the application or the material to be processed, the conveyor belt is supplied with suitable contours for use with gradients from 20°. This prevents gravity rolling the material back down. The contours are often designed in such a way that they not only catch any material rolling back, but also guide it into the middle of the belt to prevent material from falling off the sides.
The contours are usually hot-vulcanised and cast directly in the mould. Contour heights of up to 3-4 cm can be achieved. T-studs are usually used if a higher contour is required Here the T-studs are glued or screwed onto the belt.
Criteria and examples of belt quality
- Belt structure
- Resistance to chemicals and environmental impacts
- Determining the belt quality required depends on which material is to be processed in a system.
- In this sense, quality does not mean the quality of the manufacturer or the materials processed, but more traction, the belt structure and the resistance to chemical environmental impacts.
- High traction is needed if stones and earth are to be transported. Whereas with organic waste, attention should not be paid to traction, but to oil and fat resistance.
Belt conveyor – conveyor belt systems
Conveyor belts featuring "flat belt":
Flat belts are used in the preparation process for feeding equipment such as star screens, SPLITTERs, vibrating screens, near-infrared systems, magnetic separators, wind sifters and other separation equipment. To process the material with screens, for example, it should arrive evenly in a single-grain layer on the belt distributed onto the screen.
Conveyor belts featuring a "troughed belt":
Troughed belts are made in such a way that the material collects in the middle (trough) of the belt. This means there is less risk of material getting into the chassis, rollers being blocked or the belt slowing down. A troughed belt is usually used for long distances so that the material is guided safely and does not fall out.
Conveyor belts from GÜNTHER
From standard to very demanding conveyor services
GÜNTHER conveyor belts are made from high-quality components. The drive motors are adequately powered and thereby offer sufficient reserves even with demanding materials. We install maintenance-free bearings that comply with DIN norms and have proven themselves time after time. This means there is less downtime due to maintenance.
Constructed from high-quality, stable and self-supporting sheet metal conveyor sides
The sides of GÜNTHER conveyor belts are made of a continuous piece of sheet metal, so the risk of injury is reduced and the conveyor belts are less sensitive to external impacts and dirt.
GÜNTHER conveyor systems
Features of the GÜNTHER belt conveyor systems:
- High quality standard equipment
- Well-established systems installed on the market
- Compatible with popular cover ranges
- Standard carrier rollers
- DIN-compliant bearings
Advantages of GÜNTHER conveyor systems:
- Low noise
- Cost effective
Detailed solutions for optimal maintenance and care:
- Adjustable PU scrapers
- Maintenance-free bearings
Products from GÜNTHER – solutions for your conveying needs
Special – FC flat conveyor
The flexible belt structure and the compact size make the flat belt ideal for special applications. This makes it perfect for use in mobile machinery.
- Flexible conveyor construction
- Individually adjustable conveyor size
- Rolling removal
- Compact design with low height
- Cost efficient
- Warp resistant design
Modular Uni-Band system
The modular design allows the Uni-Band to be used as a troughed belt for transport over long distances, or installed as a flat belt in processing plants.
- Wide range of applications
- Lower conveyor costs
- Available galvanised or painted
- Screwed or welded available
- Fast delivery times, short reaction times
- More flexible for changes, additions, conversions
Uni-band as a troughed belt – double or triple
Uni-band as a flat belt reinforced
Special belts for your individual system
Reversing belt - the flexible one
A reversible conveyor belt can change its running direction. This allows flexible applications within a plant. The control of a reversible belt is adapted so that, for example, an overload of the following unit is automatically detected and the conveying direction is changed. Manual switching of the running direction is possible at any time.
Examples of use Reversing belt:
- If a box is full when it is discharged into the stockpile, the material is conveyed to the next box by changing the direction of travel.
- Depending on the nature and feed situation within the plant, it is possible to send the material via an additional or alternative aggregate.
Kinked belt - the efficient one
When material is discharged via a horizontal belt and conveyed to the next unit via a rising belt, a transfer situation arises between the belts that must be monitored regularly. By using an articulated belt, this - usually at the beginning of a process chain - is avoided and the process becomes smoother.
Example of use kink tape:
- When a shredder is fed by a wheel loader, it usually has a low feed height and the subsequent separation units are placed at a higher level. The shredded material is safely transported to the downstream units via an articulated belt.
Frequently asked questions about GÜNTHER conveyor belts:
We only use components from leading manufacturers in our conveyor belts. Be it our storage systems, the hot-vulcanised belts, carrier rollers or our drive motors. We source our components from respected market leaders and value quality goods and sufficient powering of the driver motors used.
GÜNTHER offers a high level of basic equipment. We deliver quality and security without compromise. A worry-free plan is not an added extra with us, but is part of the basic service.
Each of our conveyor belts is equipped, among other things, with an intervention guard, speed monitor, pull cords, side guide rollers and inner belt scrapers/plough scrapers.
Yes, they are maintenance free. We use DIN-compliant, maintenance-free 4-hole flange bearings and PHUSE bearings. They have no need for regular lubrication and downtime due to maintenance is a thing of the past. This is particularly advantageous for conveyor belts because they are often installed in a system that is difficult access.
We have been using this technology for many years and it has proven itself time and time again.
Phone: +49 66 41/96 54-880
Mobile: +49 (0) 151 / 259 373 80